Things To Do
Need some ideas?
- Take one of UConn Rec's Virtual On-Demand Fitness Classes
- Ice Skating on the Great Lawn, Storrs Campus (anticipated start date will be Feb 4)
- Explore the UConn Forest
- Tour the Trees of the UConn Storrs Campus - or check it out virtually!
- Bring a lunch/dinner to the top of the hill on Horse Barn Hill and picnic
- Walk around Horse Barn Hill and surrounding areas
- Too cold to walk Horse Barn Hill? Take a Horsebarn Hill Virtual Tour
- Take a self-guided walking tour or a virtual tour of green features on the Storrs campus
- Take a local hike - find a trail here
- Grab take out from a local restaurant
- Check out/hike the Mansfield Dam State Park off Rt. 195
- Walk, run, or bike around the campus and Storrs Center
- Take a virtual tour of the some of the world’s most famous museums
- Check out the live cams of all different animals at the Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Check out what is going on at the Cincinnati Zoo
Virtual Events Over the Next 5 Days
Lavender Resilience Collective5:00pm
Tuesday, January 31st, 2023
05:00 PM - 06:30 PM
Other VirtualStudent Health and Wellness’ Office of Health Equity and The Rainbow Center are excited to announce another round of the Lavender Resilience Collective!
The Lavender Resilience Collective is an educational support group for LGBTQIA+ students aimed to interrupt any internalized bias they may have based on the identities they hold. Together, students will learn new tools to help build resilience and feel empowered to be their authentic selves.
This group will meet virtually on Tuesday evenings from 5 pm – 6:30 pm over 6 weeks starting on January 31, 2023.
Open to both undergraduate and graduate students. Interested students must register by completing this form by January 27, 2023.
For more information, contact SHaW’s Health Equity Program Coordinator, Melanie Penalosa, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Information: Melanie Penalosa, email@example.comMore
In-Person Events Over the Next 5 Days
CISS Involvement Fair1:00pm
Wednesday, February 1st, 2023
01:00 PM - 06:00 PM
Storrs Campus Gampel PavilionCISS will be participating in the Involvement Fair. Please stop by our table to hear all about our services, programs and fun events that we are offering this fall semester. CISS staff are looking forward to seeing you at the Fair!
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.orgMore
FIRST THURSDAY Open House4:30pm
Thursday, February 2nd, 2023
04:30 PM - 07:00 PM
Storrs Campus The William Benton Museum of ArtFREE and FUN for everyone!
Open house in partnership Club Swift, SHaW, WHUS & The Beanery Cafe
For details: https://benton.uconn.edu/first-thursday-at-the-benton/
Contact Information: email@example.comMore